The Emirates Aviation Experience features four state of the art fixed based Flight Simulators; two Airbus A380’s and two Boeing 777’s.
Select an airport from any of our ten destinations, the time of day and weather conditions, and pilot the plane through a take-off, landing or advanced landing.
Perfect for beginners, the experience is guided by a trained simulator instructor, and is a great way to gain insight into what it takes to fly a commercial aircraft.
Flight Simulator Sessions
Your flight simulator session includes either one or two entrance tickets to the exhibition. If more people are in your group you need to purchase additional entrance tickets.
What to expect
- An instructor will give an introduction to the simulators and be available for additional support if required.
- Practice the basics of the take-off and landing procedures.
- Choose from ten destinations around the world.
- Try different times in the day and weather conditions.
- See and improve your landing score.
- Simulators are fixed based and not full motion.
- Simulators are exact replicas of the real cockpits.
- Interactive controls include the steering yoke/stick, throttle, pedals and landing gear. The A380 also has spread brakes and flaps.
- Interactive displays include the navigation, primary and engine monitors.
Important Details and Restrictions
- Book online up to 24 hours in advance.
- Sessions are not per person and can be booked for up to 4 people in your group.
- Sessions are not shared with other customers.
- Your pilot name will be displayed on the Departures Board. The default name will be your surname. You can request a custom pilot name in the additional notes of your booking. This can’t change on the day.
- The simulators’ area is a semi-private and sessions may be visible to other customers.
- Minimum age to fly is 9 years old. Younger children can sit as passengers.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- All ages are welcome to the rest of the exhibition.
- Sessions include one or two entrance tickets to the exhibition. If more people are in your group you need additional entrance tickets. These can also be purchased on the day.
We highly recommend booking your Simulator Experience in advance, especially for weekends. Availability on the day cannot be guaranteed.
Simulators Private Hire
Are you a larger group or want to treat your friends or colleagues to an exclusive experience? You can hire all four simulators for an amazing group experience. Our private hire package also includes entrances to the exhibition and a landing competition!
The Airbus A380 was first launched in 2005 and with a double-deck throughout the cabin, it is still today the largest commercial aircraft in the world. It can carry up to 544 passengers in the four-class configuration and with a 567 tonnes maximum takeoff weight it is a miracle of modern commercial aviation. You can discover a lot more about the Airbus A380 at our exhibition.
The Boeing 777 was launched in 1994 and it is still one of the most popular aircrafts in the world. It can carry up to 396 passengers in a two-class configuration and similarly to the A380, it can fly very long distances. A B777 can fly from London to Sydney in 19.5 hours. The same journey in 1965 would have required 6 stops and would take almost two days!
The Airbus A380 cockpit, similar to all recent Airbus aircrafts, features a sidestick control system, which sits to the left of the pilot’s seat. This in one of the main differences between the Airbus and Boeing control navigation systems.
The Boeing B777 cockpit features a control column, or in other words a yoke controller, which sits in the middle of the pilot’s seat. The navigation control system is one of the main differences between Airbus and Boeing.
If you have a Gift Voucher make sure to add your code before you book!