We are Temporarily Closing
In light of a second national lockdown, it is with sadness that we announce that the Emirates Aviation Experience will temporarily close from 7pm Wednesday 4th November 2020 until government guidelines permit us to re-open. Please click on the link below for more information.
The Emirates Aviation Experience is the only place in the UK featuring four Flight Simulators of their kind; two Airbus A380’s and two Boeing 777’s.
Select an airport from any of our ten destinations, the time of day and weather conditions, and pilot the plane through a take-off, landing or advanced landing.
Perfect for beginners, the experience is guided by a trained simulator instructor, and is a great way to gain insight into what it takes to fly a commercial aircraft.
Flight Simulator Sessions
Due to our current safety measures we allow two adults per session. If you have additional children under 16 in your group please let us know if the notes and we can arrange that for you.
The Airbus A380 was first launched in 2005 and with a double-deck throughout the cabin, it is still today the largest commercial aircraft in the world. It can carry up to 544 passengers in the four-class configuration and with a 567 tonnes maximum takeoff weight it is a miracle of modern commercial aviation. You can discover a lot more about the Airbus A380 at our exhibition.
The Airbus A380 cockpit, similar to all recent Airbus aircrafts, features a sidestick control system, which sits to the left of the pilot’s seat. This in one of the main differences between the Airbus and Boeing control navigation systems.
The Boeing 777 was launched in 1994 and it is still one of the most popular aircrafts in the world. It can carry up to 396 passengers in a two-class configuration and similarly to the A380, it can fly very long distances. A B777 can fly from London to Sydney in 19.5 hours. The same journey in 1965 would have required 6 stops and would take almost two days!
The Boeing B777 cockpit features a control column, or in other words a yoke controller, which sits in the middle of the pilot’s seat. The navigation control system is one of the main differences between Airbus and Boeing.
Our simulators are fixed based. They are exact replicas of the actual cockpits with landscape visuals and feature the main controls and displays.
What to expect
- No previous experience is required to do a simulator experience. An instructor will guide you through the session and be available for additional support if required.
- Practice the basics of the take-off and landing procedures.
- Choose from ten destinations around the world.
- Try different times in the day and weather conditions.
- See and improve your landing score.
- Simulators are fixed based and not full motion.
- Simulators are replicas of the real cockpits.
- Functioning controls include the stick-stick/yoke, throttle, pedals and landing gear. The A380 also has speed brakes and flaps.
- Interactive displays include the navigation, primary and engine monitors.
Read before you book
- Sessions are not per person and can be booked for up to 2 adults in your group.
- Sessions are not shared with other customers.
- Your surname is your Captain’s name and will be displayed on the Departures Board. You can request a custom Captain’s name in the checkout. This can’t change on the day.
- The simulators’ area is semi-private and sessions may be visible to other customers.
- The minimum age to fly is 9. Younger children can sit at the back as passengers. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Sessions include one or two entrance tickets to the exhibition. If more people are in your group they need additional entrance tickets.
- Sessions can be rescheduled within 3 months given a 48 hours’ notice. Payments are non-refundable.
Have a question?
You can check our Frequently Asked Questions to find our more about our simulators or your booking.
We highly recommend booking your Simulator Experience in advance, especially for weekends. Availability on the day cannot be guaranteed.
During your Simulator Experience you can select from 10 different airports around the world to take off and land your aircraft, as well as different weather conditions.
Simulators Private Hire
Are you a larger group or want to treat your friends or colleagues to an exclusive experience? You can hire all four simulators for an amazing group experience. Our private hire package also includes entrances to the exhibition and a landing competition!
If you have a Gift Voucher make sure to add your code before you book!