The Emirates Aviation Experience is the only place in the UK featuring four Flight Simulators of their kind; two Airbus A380’s and two Boeing 777’s.
The experience is guided by a trained simulator instructor, and is a great way to gain insight into what it takes to fly a commercial aircraft.
Offer the Flight Simulator Experience to your loved ones with a Gift Voucher
Vouchers are valid for one year so they can be redeemed anytime in the next 12 months
Our Gift Vouchers
The Airbus A380 was first launched in 2005 and it is still today the largest commercial aircraft in the world. It can carry up to 544 passengers in the four-class configuration and with a 567 tonnes maximum takeoff weight it is a miracle of modern commercial aviation. You can discover a lot more about the Airbus A380 at our exhibition.
The Airbus A380 cockpit, similar to all recent Airbus aircrafts, features a sidestick control system, which sits to the left of the pilot’s seat. This is one of the main differences between the Airbus and Boeing control navigation systems.
The Boeing 777 was launched in 1994 and it is still one of the most popular aircrafts in the world. It can carry up to 396 passengers in a two-class configuration and similarly to the A380, it can fly very long distances. A B777 can fly from London to Sydney in 19.5 hours. The same journey in 1965 would have required 6 stops and would take almost two days!
The Boeing B777 cockpit features a control column, or in other words a yoke controller, which sits in the middle of the pilot’s seat. The navigation control system is one of the main differences between Airbus and Boeing.
Our simulators are fixed based. They are exact replicas of the actual cockpits with landscape visuals and feature the main controls and displays.
What to expect
- No previous experience is required to do a simulator experience. An instructor will guide you through the session and be available for additional support if required.
- Practice the basics of the take-off and landing procedures.
- Choose from ten destinations around the world.
- Try different times of the day and weather conditions.
- See and improve your landing score.
- Simulators are fixed based and not full motion.
- Simulators are replicas of the real cockpits.
- Functioning controls include the side-stick/yoke, throttle, pedals and landing gear. The A380 also has speed brakes and flaps.
- Interactive displays include the navigation, primary and engine monitors.
Read before you book
- Sessions are not per person and can be booked for up to 4 people in your group.
- Sessions are not shared with other customers.
- Your surname is your Captain’s name and will be displayed on the Departures Board. You can request a custom Captain’s name in the checkout. This can’t change on the day.
- The simulators’ area is semi-private but sessions may be visible to other customers.
- The minimum age to fly is 9. Younger children can sit at the back as passengers. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Sessions include one or two entrance tickets to the exhibition. If more people are in your group they need additional entrance tickets.
- Sessions can be rescheduled within 3 months given 48 hours’ notice. Payments are non-refundable.